Southwark Walk and Food Tour.
4 hour food tour and guided walking tour around Southwark with photo stops.
This is a private high end historical walking and foodie tour visiting some of the excellent eateries around two of London’s most exciting food districts: Southwark and Borough.
- Meet your host-guide at the Hotel Shangri-La at The Shard. (On the ground floor and in the cafe next to the reception your host will have a name sign).
- We kick off the tour with a stroll around the Southbank taking in the sights of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge, the Golden Hinde and the Clink Prison amongst other great locations. Your host-guide will tell you all about these fascinating sites and the once seedy and even gruesome past of the area.
- Once we have whet your appetite we’ll start the dinning experience with English Oysters and English sparkling wine or Champagne in Borough.
- Our first main course will be in a nearby excellent Spanish restaurant for some Iberian tapas and wines.
- From there we take a jaunt to the Indian subcontinent to try some tapas from one of the best Indian restaurants in Southwark. Drinks will be included included here too.
- Finally for coffee and dessert we’ll travel to Turkey to try their traditional coffee and Turkish delights.
- The tour ends on this high note and then your host-guide will be able to give you more recommendations of a few more not-be-missed sites and establishments in the area.
Price depends on number of people, minimum 2 and maximum 6 (due to current government COVID-19 restrictions). Larger groups can be booked at the same price per person with an extra guide-host for every 6 pax and at the same prices as below.
Book your tour
1-2 people with walking tour and four course meal and drinks £150 pp
3-6 people with walking tour and four course meal and drinks £120 pp
(Minimum 2 people).
Itinerary is subject to change and eating establishments may have to be replaced on the day for others of equal high quality. Borough is closed on Sundays and so we suggest booking this experience from Tuesday to Saturday, although we can still offer the tour on Sundays it will be very quiet in the area.
We can cater for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free and certain allergies, in this case please let us know when you book so we can best cater for your requirements.
Turkish delights and coffeeBook now